Photos by:Bikramjit Bose
"A Bride’s Tale ;Editorial from Harper’s Bazaar Bride India"
Classes start next Monday and the campus is already packing with students. It’s awful.
Upon second viewing, I have definitely concluded that Guardians of the Galaxy is even better when you imagine it as a tabletop campaign with an increasingly frustrated DM who’s sick of being interrupted.
GM: “Roll 2d10.”
Peter: “Red high. Twelve.”
GM: “You have 12 percent of a plan.”
The entire prison break scene was just Rocket’s player rolling knowledge checks on every turn until something worked.
- When Drax’s player said, “I go into the phone booth and call Ronan to Knowhere”, the DM stared open-mouthed for a minute, then called break time. The rest of the party was speechless.
- Pretty much just in general, Drax’s player is one of those people who thinks Chaotic Neutral means “throws self at shit for the lulz” and is really fortunate he didn’t have many other opportunities to derail the campaign.
- Gamora’s player gets really exasperated by the entirety of the campaign. They rolled a character with a tragic backstory and clear hooks to the villain to expand on, and had no idea that everyone else was going to be so silly. It leads to begging the party to just once execute a normal plan because look at Gamora’s stealth bonus, this min/maxed assassin needs a chance to use her abilities, please.
- Rocket’s a skill monkey who, if not for Drax’s grand display of idiocy, would have gladly derailed the campaign with absurd plans.
- Groot was a joke idea someone came up with that people ended up liking too much.
- Ronan’s confusion when Star Lord began dancing was the DM’s confusion verbatim.
- The DM now vetoes Chaotic Neutral characters on principle.
THIS HAS BEEN 100% MY HEADCANNON FOR THIS MOVIE SINCE DAY ONE.
- The DM comes up with a clever way to get all the players in the same room so they can become an adventuring party. All the players just start fighting each other in a public area.
- "The collector’s office is behind the club-" "WE GET DRUNK"
- They play at the guy who play’s Starlord’s house. He never turns off the stereo, and the music always seems to come up in game.
- They metagamed super hard for the final battle, knowing that aside from the boss fight and mini-boss fights the DM was only going to be throwing minions at him.
- Yondu is the DM’s favorite NPC, and even though he failed a pilot check, really wanted to show off what a badass he was with his custom weapon.
- When Starlord sent the transmission “I may not be an asshole, but I’m not 100% a dick.” the DM was flabbergasted, and told him for such a stupid speech, he is getting a -5 penalty. Then he rolled a natural 20.
Arthur Rackham, Daphne transforming into a tree while fleeing from Apollo
Just your daily reminders:
- Racists are a problem
- White people are not
- Homophobes are a problem
- Straight people are not
- Transphobes are a problem
- Cis people are not
- Sexists are a problem
- Men are not
And most importantly,
- Hating an innocent person solely because of their race, sexuality, or gender makes you a fucking asshole
Just some actual daily reminders:
- All white people do racist things without being aware they are
- All straight people do homophobic things without being aware that they are.
- All Cis people do transphobic things without being aware that they are.
- All men do sexist things without being aware that they are.
- Saying things like ‘some men’, ‘some cis people’ absolves the blame of individuals and only seeks to comfort those with privilege and power.
- When a post says ‘some X’, the X will always assume that they are not because THEY ARE NOT AWARE.
And most importantly,
- It’s called metonymy, when anyone who is oppressed makes an exasperated statement like ‘i hate straight people’, they are substituting straight people for the concept of a system and a culture that teaches, incentives, and legitimizes homophobic acts and normalizes homophobic acts so that straight people constantly do honophobic things without realizing it and that’s really fucking annoying.
And just as important,
- The concept of sjws dehumanizes marginalized people and categorizes them as an ‘angry and emotional’ stereotype and only adds to the oppression of marginalized people under the guise of being ‘fair’, while the only thing you are doing is cushioning privileged people from their own ignorance and privilege.